Colon & Rectal Treatments We Offer
The Center for Colon & Rectal Surgery offers innovative colorectal treatments not widely available at other institutions.
We also perform a significant portion of pelvic floor procedures laparoscopically and robotically. As leaders in robotic colorectal surgery, our team of surgeons developed the revolutionary technique known as TAMIS, or TransAnal Minimally Invasive Surgery. It is arguably the most significant development in rectal surgery over the past quarter century, and it allows surgeons to perform complex removal of certain polyps and cancers without having to enter the abdominal cavity. Taking it a step further, we demonstrated that the procedure could be done robotically, and become the first in the world to accomplish it.
Because of these developments, our surgeons have become both regionally and internationally well known. They have developed great expertise in diagnosing and treating problems of the pelvic floor and are frequently consulted by physicians across the state to help manage difficult cases.
- Advanced Hemorrhoidal Treatment
- Altemeier Procedure
- IRC Infrared Coagulation
- Laparoscopic and Robotic surgery of the colon and rectum
- Pelvic Floor Diagnostics and Testing
- Repair of Complex Perineal Hernias
- Repair of Rectal Prolapse
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Robotic Rectopexy / Laparoscopic Rectopexy
- Screening and diagnostic colonoscopy
- Sphinctorplasty for fecal incontinence
- State-of-the-art endorectal 3D-ultrasonography
- STARR Stapled Transanal Rectal Resection
- Surgery for inflammatory bowel disease
- Surgical treatment of cancer of the colon, rectum and anus
- TAMIS - TransAnal Minimally Invasive Surgery
- THD: Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization
- Treatment of anorectal disease